Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Doctor vs. Fertility Friend

so i am on 12 dpo. i had bad cramps yesterday and the day before. periodesque cramps. so periodesque that i have been planning my drinking schedule when we are in new orleans this week. i was expecting to wake up to spotting, if i were following the same pattern as last month. no spotting. not to say it isnt coming, but i ususally wake up with it. however, it is my experience that usual goes out the window when you are ttcing.

my doctor, after the insemination told me i could test today. fertility friend says i should test on friday. who do i listen to? not to say i havent tested since day 9, but can i hold out hope until friday if i dont get my period and i dont get a positive today? who knows. i fear that travel this week will screw it all up and i wont get a period until monday, when i get back, too late to have a drunk ole time in new orleans!!! (this makes it sound like i am a heavy drinker, so funny, i was in college, you know, san francisco age 21 lots of fun, now, i had drinks in las vegas a few months ago and i was up all night throwing up, i am old)

i think i am going to hold out hope until the last possible minute. i have told everyone that i am sure i am not pregnant. i actually beleive that in my brain, but the rest of me sort of likes to not know.

happy turkey or tofurky day to everyone!!!

bye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say test. But then I'm a hypocrite, cos I've yet to pee on an HPT. But then, I rarely make it to 12DPO without blood.

Maybe test tomorrow and split the difference?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving (or Happy Thursday round our neck of the woods!)